- 30-Dec-2016 to 09-Jul-2017 (CST)
- East Nashville
- Nashville, TN, USA
- Full Time
Position: Food Bar/ Prep Cook
Reports to: Kitchen Manager
Status: The food bar/prep cook worker is responsible for ensuring freshness, presentability, and cleanliness of the hot and cold bars; following sanitation guidelines at all times; basic kitchen prep work (washing, chopping, and measuring).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains a clean and safe work area adhering to food safety and health standards.
- Maintains flexibility with schedule- able to work all shifts, including opening and closing.
- Ensures food ingredients are stored in their designated area and rotated in the proper manner.
- Ensure safe working practices and food safety training for department staff.
- Works efficiently and effectively to gather, wash, cut, season, cook and store quality
- Ensure prompt, friendly, helpful customer service by kitchen and deli staff
- Maintain department equipment in working order. Troubleshoot problems and arrange for repairs.
- Establish proper storage and labeling procedures in accordance with health department and national organic regulations.
- Ensure a sense of urgency at all times
- Ensures food displays are attractive at all times; removes/replaces foods when necessary.
- Temps food products and ensures they are held at the correct temperature.
- Ensure attractive, readable signs and menus with accurate prices and ingredients.
- Communicates openly, respectfully, and honestly with all others in the organization.
- Resolves conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner, asks for assistance from appropriate supervisor as needed.
- Monitors deviations from budget, takes corrective action and reports to Store Director on actions taken.
- Reports to work for scheduled shifts, on-time and appropriately uniformed.
- Other kitchen duties as assigned by the kitchen manager.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and customers.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, outside cooler, and register area.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift and move up to 30 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates; regular and predictable attendance.
- Moderate kneeling, climbing, and bending.
- Ability to work in areas exposed to extreme temperatures, including cold and heat.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to four hours with no break)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.