- 20-Oct-2016 to 19-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Urban Fare (Gulch)
- Nashville, TN, USA
- Full Time
Position: Deli/Juice Bar
Reports to: Deli Manager/ MOD
Purpose: Serves customers, making juice bar drinks, slicing meats and cheeses, making salads and sandwiches, setting and maintaining attractive displays, and cleaning and maintaining the juice bar and deli area. Ensures a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet every customer with a smile and friendly disposition.
- Build a rapport with customers; educate customers on product benefits.
- Ensure a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases, shelves, and displays clean and well stocked, while continuously checking and ensuring freshness and quality of products.
- Maintain accurate signing and pricing of items.
- Operate equipment and serve product in the juice bar area; this includes preparing juice and blended drinks and may include other areas such as coffee bar and deli responsibilities.
- Operate equipment and serve product in the deli; including preparing salads, sandwiches, and slicing meats and cheeses to order.
- Prepare produce by trimming and washing to ensure adequate supply.
- Have full knowledge of menu items, recipes, prices and standard business practices
- Make juices and/or smoothies efficiently, according to standard recipes or customer customization
- Communicate clearly with customers about product, timing of service, cost and any additional information requested to best of ability.
- Periodically tastes juices to ensure taste consistency among batches.
- Follow department procedures to maintain supplies, backstock and coolers and to track product transfers and spoilage.
- Ensures juice bar and deli area is fully stocked with needed supplies; informs MOD of low inventory.
- Offer samples to customers, explaining the ingredients and health benefits.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, such as health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Troubleshoot equipment; inform MOD of needed repairs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and customers.
- Ability to read, count and write.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, outside cooler, and register area.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift and move up to 30 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates; regular and predictable attendance.
- Moderate kneeling, climbing, and bending.
- Ability to work in areas exposed to extreme temperatures, including cold and heat.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to four hours with no break).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, requirements, and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations or work environment change.