- 01-Feb-2017 to 28-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Urban Fare (Gulch)
- Nashville, TN, USA
- Full Time
As a member of our Grocery Team, your role will include receiving and preparing product, maintaining the Grocery floor and displays, and selling product in support of regional Grocery standards. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
- Ensure a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and shelves clean and well stocked by front-facing, checking codes, rotating, and removing out-of-date products.
- Maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
- Stock and clean grocery shelves, bulk bins, frozen and dairy case.
- Maintain back stock in good order.
- Keep Grocery department clean, sweep floors and maintain sweep logs.
- Assist with sampling program, keeping sample areas full, clean, and appealing.
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all Grocery equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Previous Grocery experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to sell proactively.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in department.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
- Use of box cutters.
- Use of electric pallet jacks or other heavy machinery.
below shoulders and squat.