- 16-Feb-2017 to 17-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Nashville, TN, USA
- 13.50 or more depending on experience
- Full Time
partial health, paid time off, discounts
Position: Manager on Duty
Reports to: Store Director
Supervises: All store personnel
Purpose: To work with the Store Director and Department Managers to ensure overall merchandising; maintaining appropriate inventory levels and accurate on-hands; oversee features and displays; create retail events to promote and drive sales; promote fast and friendly checkouts; ensure that product loading is handled quickly, accurately, and with friendliness; maintain the company expectations for customer satisfaction; act as a role model and leader; provide mentorship to employees; assist the with various human resource duties; and to provide support to the Store Director and Department Managers in maintaining the overall store operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform human resource duties, including but not limited to maintaining recruiting new staff, maintaining personnel files and staff documentation according to state and federal labor laws, aid Department Managers with staff discipline and documentation issues, discipline and terminate staff as needed.
- Ensure the absolute highest level of customer service is provided by all employees.
- Ensure a high level of interaction and communication with all employees.
- Recruit and help Department Managers in team building and staff development.
- Maintain strict confidence of all employee and employment-related information.
- Ensure proper floor coverage throughout the day, during breaks and lunches, and react quickly to call-ins in order to maintain customer service expectations.
- Ensure that employees have the supplies and tools readily available to provide excellent customer service.
- Carry out corrective action/progressive discipline as necessary.
- Assist in performing payroll duties weekly, maintain proper records and transactions of employee time cards and be aware of excessive tardiness/absence and overtime.
- Complete daily store rounds, delegate tasks from notes, and follow up to ensure timely completion.
- Perform Store Director responsibilities in the absence of the Store Director.
- Work with the Store Director to promote sales through store events and promotions.
- Oversee incoming inventory and ensure freight is stocked to the sales floor in a timely manner.
- Work with the Store Director to ensure accurate pricing, signing, and in-stock of merchandise.
- Work with the Store Director and Department Managers to ensure backroom is maintained, inventory is being checked in and invoices sent in correctly.
- Monitor and ensure order of low-in-stock and out-of-stock items.
- Order store supplies and tools as necessary.
- Address all necessary facility maintenance and repairs quickly.
- Maintain overall store cleanliness.
- Work with accounting and front end staff to balance tills and safe daily. Address any issues with daily deposits, ensure cash handling accuracy.
- Work with Store Director to schedule employees to attend training sessions that will improve job skills and product knowledge.
- Maintain open communication with the Store Director and make aware of any operational or merchandising decisions.
- Demonstrate the highest level of integrity and ethics in all decision-making.
- Uphold all company policies and procedures.
- Represent company with professional appearance and demeanor.
- Communicate effectively with employees, applicants, customers, vendors, and agencies.
- Demonstrate dependability, reliability, punctuality.
- Work assigned and varying shifts as required.
- Perform other tasks and duties as requested by the Store Director.
Education and/or Experience
- A high-school diploma or equivalent. BA or BS in management related field strongly desired, or equivalent in hands-on experience.
- Must have basic computer skills, using Word and Excel.
- Ability to use the Internet for product research, proficient typing skills for producing memorandum and business writing, and the technical ability to learn and become an efficient user of our internal software's used for daily operations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Other Skills and/or Attributes
- Ability to develop and train employees
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with others
- Ability to merchandise effectively
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to employees
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely to respond to business operations
- Ability to maintain records and documentation
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others, understand material, and provide clear instruction to employees
- Ability to operate all equipment on location in order to perform any job function, as necessary
- Ability to follow up on assigned tasks
- Ability to meet critical deadlines
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.