- 17-Mar-2017 to 16-May-2017 (CST)
- East Nashville
- Nashville, TN, USA
- Full Time
Position: Overnight Stocker
Reports to: Store Director/Manager on Duty/Grocery Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives product deliveries, ensuring order and invoice accuracy. Stamps invoices correctly.
- Stocks, rotates, merchandise and faces product according to department procedure.
- Maintains back-stock areas according to department standards.
- Trains other staff as needed.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Communicates openly and honestly with all others in the organization.
- Communicates respectfully at all times. Resolves conflicts respectfully and in a timely manner, asks for assistance from appropriate supervisor as needed.
- Identifies mispicked, short dated, and/or damaged product and processes appropriately.
- Gains and shares natural foods knowledge, continually accesses new information.
- Communicates needs and problems promptly and efficiently.
- Operates with a sense of teamwork; incorporates into daily job.
- Reports to work for scheduled shifts, on-time and appropriately uniformed.
- Availability meets the needs of the department for scheduling purposes.
- Understands and adheres to organizational and department policy and procedures.
- Accepts and offers feedback and suggestions openly and respectfully.
- Accepts direction willingly and follows through with delegated tasks.
- Takes initiative to identify, report, and resolve problems before they escalate.
- Performs tasks accurately and efficiently, free from errors and according to department procedure.
- Performs tasks consistently at an acceptable rate as outlined by department supervisor.
- Organizes tasks efficiently, maintains focus and stays productive.
- Maintains safe work environment according to all department procedures, federal and state regulations.
- Ability to process information/merchandise through computer system and POS register system.
- Ability to communicate with employees and customers.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to stock the store.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to move and handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing 5-50 pounds.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Prolonged kneeling, climbing, and bending.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, requirements, and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations or work environment change.